anyone who says that sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain


-author unknown

Thursday 25 August 2011

a beautiful song, deadlines and cheers to a long weekend

So my friend Tiff whom I have spoken about before (the crazy Zimbo with the red hair?) is the biggest fan of me and Jarrod. She thinks that we are the cutest couple and are meant for each other blah blah (which we are, but she REALLY believes it too). So she told me to download and listen to this song: Here by Rascal Flats. Watch and learn. And listen, because the lyrics alone don't do it enough justice. It's one of those whiny country songs but the way it's sung is just so fitting to the words. Such an awesome song and so true for both me and the man.




There's a place I've been looking forThat took me in and out of buildingsBehind windows, walls and doorsAnd I thought I found itCouple times, even settled downAnd I'd hang around just long enoughTo find my way back outI know now the place that I was trying toReachWas you, right here in front of me 
[CHORUS]And I wouldn't change a thingI'd walk right back through the rainBack to every broken heartOn the day that it was breakin'And I'd relive all the yearsAnd be thankful for the tearsI've cried with every stumbled stepThat led to you and got me here, right here 
It's amazing what I let my heart go throughTo get me where it got meIn this moment here with youAnd it passed me byGod knows how many timesI was so caught up in holdingWhat I never thought I'd findI know now, there's a million roadsI had to takeTo get me in your arms that way 
[Repeat Chorus]
In a love I never thought I'd get to get to-hereAnd if that's the roadGod made me take to be with you 
[Repeat Chorus]
And I'd relive all the yearsAnd be thankful for all the tearsI've cried with every stumbled stepThat led to you and got me here, right hereOh, baby-OooOh, got me here 


Terribly sorry if that isn't your kind of song but I think it's pretty rad.


So, for the first time tonight I finished an article for the newspaper with 20 minutes to go until the deadline. I was given an article to write which was a pretty simple one but was kinda stupid. It was about the most datable (as in the person you'd want to go on a date with) SRC candidate. It's campaign week for them so they wanted something different on the SRC candidates and not the boring old stuff about them. I thought it was pretty lame and was told about it on Tuesday night. When I asked people who they thought was the most datable candidate, they thought it was pretty lame too. Anyway, I saw my sub-editor at 4 o'clock just before my hour long journalism tutorial (which would mean I'd come out at 5) and she said that I have until 5 to slap something together. Hello? Ja, I'll just do it now in my tut because I have nothing better to do with my time at this moment of my life. This is after I had told her that it was lame and I wasn't gonna do it because of the danger of dragging my name through the S*&% by writing something so silly. Anyway, I got an e-mail later asking how far I was. This was at 19:35. I typed up an article (a good one, considering the topic) and bombed it off to her at 19:59. Yes. You may applaud me now. Felt quite proud :) Another byline for my portfolio and in the space of 20 minutes! Think I may just have proved my little theory that I do work best under pressure.


AND, tomorrow, I don't have a psychology tutorial (which is usually my only thing on a Friday) so my weekend started today (YAY) with my friend and I sitting in my room Facebook stalking someone with exclaims from her about how hot he is. And then she Fraped me. If you don't know what that is, Google it. AAAH!! Sorry, I've just told you what I hate hearing and want to beat up whoever says that to me when I ask them something.


Off to enjoy my weekend!! Going to be slightly insane! Wish it could be with my loved one though. Sad. Miss him.


Peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment