anyone who says that sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain


-author unknown

Sunday 27 March 2011

Well...

Hangovers suck.


I had an amazing night last night except for the fact that my FAVOURITE shoe in creation broke. Very very very bleak about that, but hey, they served me well while they still could. They're just soooo beautiful :'( ok ok suck it up!! I'll live..


Went to a res party last night and the free punch (funch) was absolutely disgusting. It tasted like cold Med-Lemon. They tried to warn us with a sign on the bucket that said, "Warning!! This is quantity over quality!!" We were warned, but do you think that stopped us?? Heck no! The result? Me sleeping til lunch waking up at regular intervals to gag and then eating only half my lunch even though I was starving. Coming back to res, Skyping for 20 minutes telling my boyfriend how absolutely shit i felt and how the only thing that would fix me would probably be a day long cuddle with him! Then i slept 'til 4.. xD!! I love being lazy! Feeling human again, but I will not be going out tonight due to a severe lack of funding.


So, about this boyfriend of mine.. He is probably the most amazing person to ever walk into my life..for once this doesn't sound like an exaggeration. His name is Jarrod (I would say his surname as I often catch myself doodling it next to my name, but I don't know how many of you will take a slight fancy to stalking him..hmmmmmm). We met at a party at the end of last year and from the moment he walked in, we could only stare at each other. Sitting on opposite sides of the table gazing at each other through the smoke, not knowing each other's names yet and not caring, just staring.
Now, you know that little butterfly thrill feeling you get in your tummy when someone you like/want/find attractive stares at you? Well, my butterflies were high on crack and I think they were drunk too. They might have been doing a rain dance along with that as well, but that's debatable. They were going bonkers and I'd never felt like that before.
Eventually the guys decided to go to the shop and I tagged along with my friend. Then he introduced himself to me. And gave me 3 rand. I didn't have enough money on me! >slightly embarrassed<

Him and me at the First Year picnic in the botanical gardens
Long story short? We taled the whole night and didn't stop chatting for anything. He didn't make the first move, but I'm heck glad that I did. He walked me home that night and I remember thinking how easy it felt. I had never been that forward in my life before but I wasn't about to let this amazing guy walk out without me. We took our time and only started dating at the end of January and I can honestly say that I haven't been happier. Nobody has ever (and will never) treat me the way he does. And I know he's going to read this so I love you sweety! I only have to wait 11 more days to see his handsome face. The days can't move fast enough. He lives an hour away from here and 2 hours away from my hometown, Somerset East, so I do see him often compared to what some of my friends are going through, but I still miss him like a res student misses non-rubberised meat and mince that doesn't make your tummy hate you. Ie.: ALOT!! (Did I mention how much i miss my mom's cooking??)

This all sounds so clichéd, but that's fine with me. If my happiness is a cliché, then so be it. He shall be my cliché and I shall be his and we shall be happily clichéd.
Just look at that face!!
Ok, so anyway. Now that I'm grinning like an idiot behind my computer screen, I've just realised that this is my last weekend in Grahamstown this term. It's weird how comfortable I've become. I thought I'd never get used to it. As great as it will be to go home and have all those comforts I don't have here, I will be happy to return. Like I said before, there is no place like this one. Hmm, just thinking that this perspective might have changed a bit after the holidays. Think I'm REALLY going to enjoy my holidays, the tiny 10 days that I do have.


I've so far resisted using too much Grahamstown slang/lingo, but its sooo difficult so I think I'm going to do a little tutorial on the G-town language in my next post.


Thought for the day: Do you love me because I'm beautiful or am I beautiful because you love me?


Think hard..












No comments:

Post a Comment