anyone who says that sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain


-author unknown

Sunday 4 September 2011

i love the smell of it...

It's Spring!! I love this season partly because of the fact that it's a happy medium. Being the winter child that I am, I can't do the depressing weather story for longer than is good for my mental health. Cuddling, fireplaces and reading can only continue for so long.
The the flowers come out - yay! - and then everything smells amazing and the sun shines softly and the world just looks like such a pretty place to be. You want to go outside barefoot and bush dive (Rhodents do this a lot - we kinda just dive straight into them [slightly inebriated, of course] and pray for the lack of thorns) and spend the day reading and tanning in the sun. We did this last week Monday. Kinda just took the day off and basked in all the glory of the majestic sunshine and became browner than before and went back to res a lot sleepier than before.. Was such a beautiful day!
Yesterday, our residence (which is soon to be named Rosa Parks house) had our Spring Day Fun Day. All the usual: apple bobbing, 3-legged races, sack races, egg spoon races, water-balloons by the ton and blind man's bluff. I was the one in our group who had to do the apple bobbing because I was the only one who hadn't just had their hair relaxed or had a weave. So I had to shove my face into a bowl of warm, still runny jelly and get the 3 apples in it, out and then run to my team mate who was waiting with a plate to receive my apples. Tons of fun, but my face didn't like it too much. Had such fun. Our entertainment rep who organised the day wanted to know why we must always be so politically correct, but in her rush, she instead asked us why we had to be so "politically ERECT". Entertainment rep indeed. :)

So this week is the last one of term and then we have a ridiculously short holiday of 10 or 11 days and then it's back to the grindstone - seriously!! I have 7 major things due in the first 3 weeks of being back as well as our Hall Ball and in order to complete one of those things I need to read a book. The 14th of October might not survive what I'm going to do once I hand in my last task. It really might not. And then it will be onto studying for exams like a mental person. Sheesh.... This is me, not thinking about it..

Just thought I'd share a song with you.. Think it's such a sexy song, however corny it may be, it still rocks. And I think Rob Thomas has definitely become nicer over age, like red wine or whatever it is.


It's quite old, but don't judge mkaay?? We all have random, old songs that we secretly dance in our underwear to.. At least I hope that we all do, otherwise I'm alone in the gyrating in your underwear phenomenon.

And let me also just point out how amazing Riverdance music is?? (can you tell that my media player is on shuffle?) Especially Reel Around the Sun, with the noise of the tap-dancers' feet in the background.

Ok, so I am going to allow myself a little bit of venting space here, forgive me. Telkom is the absolute worst service provider in the history of service providers!! Haven't been able to Skype my boyfriend since Friday afternoon which is terrible because we usually Skype twice a day and by the time the phone lines began working again today, I had started suffering from withdrawal symptoms!! Missed his face so much, but this weekend I will be back with him again and happier than a kid at Christmas.

For now though I must go and work my fingers off again and recover from this weekend..
Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment