anyone who says that sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain


-author unknown

Sunday 15 May 2011

Dreams, storms and walks along the beach..

What a weekend :)
Had such a great time with my boyfriend and his family in East London and haven't touched a book or a pc this whole weekend and as I type now, my fingers are like WTF are you doing woman???!!!
Was so nice to get away from res for a change and have a bit of "home-time". It's not at my home but it's at a home none the less.
That's what I've discovered is really valuable is that time away from res and the whole set up is really good for me. Not that I hate res, just that I do get chlostrophobic here sometimes.

We had a beautiful view of the sea and woke up to the smell of it in the air. I missed that. I had THEE best milkshakes in THEE world!! If any of you ever go to East London, find Friesland. Double thick chocolate malt (I think). Do it. You will not regret and it's worth the calories or whatever it is you worry about.

I love the rain \m/
We left Grahamstown late on Friday night and ended up driving through a HUGE storm. The rain was beautiful and I haven't felt that safe in a car in a storm before. Don't know why, but I'm going to say it's because I feel safe whenever I'm with Jarrod in whatever circumstances because that's what I like to think  xD  :P

Walking along the boardwalk at the beach today, I was so at peace, I felt like anything in the world could happen right then and it wouldn't matter. Was so nice to just dawdle with my hand in the love of my life's hand.

Random tangent: People think that saying the "love of my life" is very pretentious and is stupid because we have so much of our lives left and we're so young and we should enjoy ourselves. Well. I'm young and I still enjoy my life in all fields and don't think that having an amazing guy in my life is going to make me stop enjoying it. In fact, I'll enjoy it more, because if you're not enjoying yourself then you should not be in a relationship in the first place. He is it. If you don't like it then that's a pity. I know he's all there is and will be from now on and that's all that matters.

Random not, I know, but it cheeses me off when I hear, "How can you be so narrow-minded and naive?? You're so lovey-dovey, it's not healthy." Bully-bully-bullshit. It's unhelathy to hate on someone else's happiness.

The sound of the waves, rain on your windscreen, chocolate milkshakes, the sand between your toes, his sleeping head resting in your lap.
The little things are the only things that should count because thay are the things that will make you smile, and a smile can always be the source of your joy.



Clouds in the sky, but that's okay.
Clouds in the sky, been there all day.
Stars in your eyes, been there always.
My heart with yours, not just a phase.
All the world might never know,
Might never hear,
But I don't care.
Its you, my dear.
The clouds might burst
And shed their sadness,
The world
Won't know
My secret
Of the stars
In your eyes,
My love.    -by me

                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment